Vertical Take-Off and Landing Long Endurance UAS
EFFICIENT The V-Bat achieves high efficiency by merging sailplane-like wings and a slender fuselage with a mechanically simple ducted fan vertical lift system that simultaneously serves as the aircraft's tail surfaces. The V-Bat offers the performance of proven fixed-wing design with the flexibility of true vertical take-off and landing capability. The V-Bat is uniquely designed for perch and stare operations, fully capable of flight transition at any point in a given mission.
ROBUST The V-Bat was designed to meet the requirement for a near-zero launch recovery footprint, shock absorbing nose-skids, Kevlar reinforced fuselage and a sturdy duct to protect the rotor and the vanes. V-Bat's durability is biult into its DNA.
VERSATILE The V-Bat is suited for use in virtually any environment, especially those where only a small launch and recovery space are available, such as shipboard operations, urban canyons, or remote areas with thick vegetation such as jungle canopy. We recommend a clearing of just 6m x 6m (20ft x 20ft) for launch and recovery. V-Bat provides the solution for vertical take-off and landing with the safety of a ducted fan giving all the benefits of fixed-wing efficiency in a small UAV system.
V-Bat enables unprecedented situational awareness for tactical operations from confined areas.
- Wing Span: 9 ft (2.74 m)
- Length: 8 ft (2.4 m)
- Assembled Size: 9 ft x 8 ft x 2 ft (2.74 m x 2.4 m x .6 m)
- Weight: 82 lbs (assumes full fuel with 5 lbs of payload)
- Fuel: Heavy Fuel (JP-8) or Gasoline oil mix (40:1)
- Speed Range: 0 - 90 knots
- Duration: 8+ hours at 45 kts
- Ceiling: 15,000 feet
- Range: 350 miles (fuel limited)
- 40+ miles (telemetry)
- Max Payload: 5-7 lbs
- Autonomous Vertical Take-Off, Autonomous Vertical Landing
- Max L&R Wind: 25 kts
- Command/Control: Kutta Tech GCS, Moving map display with point and click mission planning interface
- Data Link: Wave Relay, 2.4 GHz video downlink, 900 MHz spread spectrum 2-way modem
- Sensors: Standard, EO/IR gimbal
- Sensors: SIGINT, EW, SAR, SWIR, Target Marker, Hyperspectral, 4G LTE
- Mapping Payload: Hi-Res digital SLR
Contact Vancro for information on additional options